YOU CAN DO IT!
105 Thoughts, Feelings and Solutions to Inspire You
$3.95 Order now.
This easy-to-read book will:
- Help you express your feelings about what it's like to survive a stroke, especially paralysis and aphasia
- Give you solutions to get organized, dressed, and energized to succeed in everyday life after a stroke
- Provide tips to help you overcome disabilities to return to work
- Show you strategies to overcome aphasia and give a professional speech, like Paul
Table of Contents:
- 3 Things that Give Me Motivation
- Thoughts About Understanding My Stroke
- How It Feels to be Disabled
- My Solutions and Tips
- Tips on Finding a Job
- How I Learn to Give a Speech
- How I Conquered My Stroke
4. "Practice saying this out loud...I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT!"
11. "My right arm and hand are useless--like a permanent broken arm."
14. "I'm slow at everything."
29. "My life was like the development of western civilization: Before my stroke, was like the rise of the Roman Empire, then when my stroke hit, I was thrown into the Dark Ages. Finally, after years of struggle, I emerged into the Industrial Revolution..."
63. "I can't button my sleeve on my good left arm, so I use collar extenders on the cuff button. This gives me a little extra room so I can button the cuff first, then slide my hand in."
Tips on Finding a Job...
79. "Explore new and different types of work you can do part time, full time, or as a volunteer."
You have inspired many people by handling your adversity in the most positive way...What your spirit has done is greater than 70 home runs."
- Bob Williams, Stroke Survivor